Afghan Chief of Staff M. Sharif Yaftali said the status of the war in Jaghori and Malistan districts will change soon as the security agencies have taken serious measures in hand.


Afghan Chief of Staff M. Sharif Yaftali said the status of the war in Jaghori and Malistan districts will change soon as the security agencies have taken serious measures in hand.
Speaking at a press conference in Kabul on Monday, the country’s chief of staff said unfortunately, Ghazni’s two districts which were the most secure areas in the past 17 years, have turned insecure.
“our efforts underway to drive back Taliban fighters from the districts,” Yaftali said. “security forces have been deployed to Ghazni’s Jaghori district in order to provide the security,” he added.

The chief of staff claimed that 17 Taliban fighters were killed in last night’s raids on Jaghori district.
He said that if you count Taliban casualties in Malistan and Jaghori war, so far, 200 Taliban have been killed in the two districts.

This comes as reports from the region indicate that clashes ongoing in the two districts.
According to reports, local forces have suffered heavy casualties.
At least 25 army soldiers were killed in Taliban attack on Jaghori district, a report said.
Local forces and civilians have also suffered casualties.

According to unconfirmed reports, Malistan district was collapsed. Taliban claimed that government forces suffered heavy casualties by invading the district.
The government sources, however, claims the Taliban attack has been curbed.


News Id: E12099