A journalist and a government employee were killed on Saturday night when an explosion hit a minibus in west of capital Kabul.


A well-known journalist was killed and at least four other people were injured when a suspected bomb destroyed a minibus near a Taliban checkpoint in Kabul, a media watchdog and officials said.

The incident happened in Dasht-e Barchi, an area in Kabul dominated by members of the mostly Shiite community, who for years have been the target of terrorist attacks.
“Unfortunately we lost another reporter,” the Afghan Journalists Centre tweeted hours after the blast, saying Hamid Seighani, who worked for the Ariana News, had died in the blast.
His wife, also a journalist, posted “I lost Hamid” on her Facebook page.

“I was in my car and an explosion happened in the vehicle in front of us,” a witness said. “It was completely burnt.”
Habib Yousufi, an employee of the electrical ID distribution office, was also among the victims. However, the death of Habib Yousufi has not yet been confirmed by the office.

A nearby hospital posted a notice saying it had admitted one dead and four injured.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid tweeted that one person had been killed and two injured when the minibus caught fire.
“Investigation underway,” he added.


News Id: E17817